If you know me then you know that is no secret that I am an avid Chinese Cusine lover.. I mean just today I ate any Amy’s Pad Thai meal for lunch.
Anyways I am getting off topic here the point is that we can indulge in these cravings while still being healthy and food aware.
I love a good fried rice — I think most people would agree with that statement — so how can we get that same flavor and comfort without all of he calories and harmful MSG? The answer is simple.. make it plant based! Ditch the butter for olive oil and trade out the rice for a bit of a healthier and more protein rich grain and there you have it, a classic with a plant based spin.
Here is what I like to call my Chinese Fake Out.
1 TBS Olive Oil
2 TBS Minced Garlic
1 Onion (Diced)
1 Head Broccoli (Chopped)
1 Zucchini (Chopped)
1/2 C Frozen Peas
1/2 C Frozen Corn
2-3 Carrots Peeled (Grated or thinly sliced)
3 Cups COOKED Quinoa
1 TBS Ground Ginger
2 Green Onions (Chopped)
Siracha , for serving if desired.
1. Cook quinoa as directed on packaging.
2. Heat olive oil in either a large skillet or large pot over medium to high heat. Add in your garlic and onion, remember to be stirring this often in order to prevent burning, this takes about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add in your broccoli and zucchini. Stir this constantly until the vegetables are tender, 3-4 minutes.
4. Now add in your carrots, peas, corn, and quinoa. Stir until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
5. Add in your ginger. Tossing it in, cook roughly 2 minutes.
6. Now stir in your green onions.
7. Serve immediately while warm. Top with siracha if you need a little spice in your life and let’s be honest… who doesn’t?
Catch ya on the plant side,